What kind of grease do you use on a garage door?
White lithium grease stands out as the optimal choice for garage door and garage door track lubrication. Squeeze tube and aerosol packaged white lithium grease provides the easiest application for proper lubrication of garage doors. It should be noted that some silicone greases do not contain adequate water resistant properties, and is why white lithium grease is recommended over silcone grease.
Silencing a noisy garage door and ensuring smooth operation requires the right lubrication product. GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease, is an ideal choice for garage door lubrication points and we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to properly lubricate your garage door.
Why GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease is Ideal for Garage Door Lubrication?
White Lithium Grease, offers several advantages for garage door maintenance:
Superior Lubrication: White lithium grease contains high-quality lithium-based grease, providing exceptional lubrication properties. This minimizes friction, reduces wear and tear on garage door components, and ensures quiet and smooth door operation.
Water Resistance: Garage doors are exposed to moisture and changing weather conditions. White lithium grease resists water and moisture penetration very effectively, preventing rust and corrosion on metal parts, ensuring the longevity of your garage door.
Temperature Stability: White lithium grease exhibits remarkable temperature stability, withstanding extreme temperature fluctuations, making it suitable for year-round use, from freezing winters to scorching summers.
Easy Application: GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease comes in a convenient tube with a narrow nozzle for precise application. This design minimizes mess and waste, ensuring maximum effectiveness.
Long-Lasting Protection: White Lithium Grease has a long-lasting formula, requiring less frequent reapplication. This reduces maintenance efforts and provides reliable protection for your garage door.
Step-by-Step Guide to Properly Lubricate Your Garage Door:
Now, let's walk you through the process of lubricating your garage door with GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease:
1. Gather Your Materials:
- GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease
- Clean cloth or rag
- Step ladder (if needed)
- Safety glasses (optional, but recommended for eye protection)
- Ensure your garage door is closed and disconnected from the opener for safety.
- Clean the garage door tracks and components using a clean cloth or rag to remove any dirt, debris, or old lubricant.
3. Apply White Lithium Grease:
- Locate the moving parts that need lubrication. These typically include the rollers, hinges, springs, and tracks.
- Hold the GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease tube with the narrow nozzle.
- Apply a small amount of grease directly onto the moving parts. Be cautious not to overapply, as excess grease can attract dirt and cause buildup.
4. Work the Grease In:
- After applying the grease, manually operate the garage door several times to work the lubricant into the moving components.
5. Wipe Excess Grease:
- Inspect the lubricated parts for any excess grease that may have squeezed out.
- Use a clean cloth or rag to wipe away the excess, leaving a thin, even layer of lubricant.
6. Reconnect the Opener:
- Once you've completed lubrication and wiped away excess grease, reconnect the garage door opener.
Using GreaseCo WhiteLith Grease extends the life of your garage door and ensuring quiet and smooth operation. By following these step-by-step instructions, you can maintain your garage door effectively, ensuring a noise-free and hassle-free experience for years to come.